Unfortunately, an error has occurred.
Please check your entries for a red box, this tells you which piece of information is not valid. Change it and then hit submit again. If the errors continue, please contact us. (Don't close the page or you will lose your work)
Individual Nomination Requirements
1. All applicable parts of the Nomination Form must be completed and the form signed by the Nominator and Seconder. The Nominator must be careful to address each Nomination Requirement. If completing the form by hand, please print clearly.
2. It is the responsibility of the Nominator and Seconder to verify the accuracy of the data provided.
3. Use a clear, easy to read font on A4 white paper. Please do not submit applications in binders, report covers, etc. You may print on both sides where possible. Do not include original documents or photos - photocopies and scans are acceptable.
4. Please retain a copy of your nomination information for your records.
5. A detailed account of the Nominee’s career and contributions to Australia’s aviation/aerospace must be provided and should be no more than five (5) pages in length. It is of prime importance the nomination clearly describes in detail the individual’s contributions which support the following criteria. Please indicate how the nominee: • has contributed in an exceptional way to the advancement of civil aviation / aerospace in Australia and /or, where the individual is an Australian, civil aviation / aerospace overseas; • has brought great benefits to society and their communities as a whole as a result; and • possesses leadership qualities that can serve as an inspiration to young Australians to pursue careers in aviation and aerospace.
6. The narrative must be factual and record the Nominee’s background and career in chronological order. It should provide places of employment and positions held with applicable dates.
7. The nomination package should, if possible, include copies of: • licences held or other qualification relevant to the basis of the nomination, with applicable dates; • full details and dates relating to types of employment and if applicable, any military service; • decorations, honours, awards, education degrees and other achievements and recognition, with applicable dates; • a high resolution, sharp and clear head and shoulders photograph of the Nominee.
8. Three (3) letters of support supplementing the nomination are required. These are to be from persons other than the Nominator and Seconder, must reference additional factual information and evidence and not just be favourable opinions. These do not include letters from both the Nominator and Seconder. Note: All letters submitted must include the return address, phone no. and email address of the sender. If the letter is hand written, this information should be printed so it is clearly readable.
9. It is important for nominators to understand that the Nominations Review Committee will not add to details presented, but will merely verify their authenticity and evaluate the nominee’s overall contribution in terms of it being outstanding.
10. Receipt of the nomination will be acknowledged. No further communication will be forthcoming unless the nominee is to be inducted.
11. Nominations must be postmarked prior to 31st March to receive consideration by the Nomination Review Committee for that year.
12. All nominations remain active for five years from the date of submission. Following that period, nominations must be re-submitted for consideration.